Finding us: use the Google Map link on the below to get our exact position by map or satellite.
If you are driving from the UK the approximate distance and journey times according ot Google are:
- Calais/Bolougne 600km 51/2 hours
- Caen Ouistreham 330km 3 1/2 hours
- Cherbourg 430km 4 1/4 hours
- La Rochelle 250km 2 1/4 hours
The toll roads (peage) are very good but you do pay! The D Roads generally take longer by 1 hour or even 2 but can actually be shorter in distance and it is a nice drive through changing countryside and overall the French road system is very good.
If using a Sat Nav, simply enter La Chabotterie, Loudun and this should bring you straight to our door.
[u]Ferries from the UK
- Portsmouth / Le Havre - Brittany Ferries
- Portsmouth/ Ouistreaham (Caen) - Brittany Ferries - 5 1/2 to 6 hour crossings
- Poole/Cherbourg - Brittany Ferries - 4 1/4 hour crossings
- Porstmouth/Cherbourg - Brittany Ferries - 3 hour crossings
- Newhave/Dieppe- DFDS - 4 hours
- Dover / Calais - DFDS, P&O - 1 1/2 hour crossings
- Dover/Dunkirk - DFDS - 1 1/2 hour crossings
If you are travelling with Brittany Ferries, please do contact us prior to booking as we can offer you a 10% discount from their fares.
Brittany Ferries also offer an overnight 'Economie' Service from Porstmouth to Le Havre , which also has Pet Friendly Cabins. Details on their website Brittany Ferries
Our nearest airports are Poitiers and Tours we are happy to arrange complimentary transport to and from La Chabotterie.
The best and cheapest routes from the Uk is Stanstead to Poitiers or Tours
Airports and drive times/distances from La Chabotterie
- Tours Val de Loire 80km 1 hr
- Nantes Atlantique 160km 2 hr
Airlines operating to these include
- Easy Jet - London Gatwick, Bristol, Luton, Liverpool to Nantes or La Rochelle
- Ryan Air - Edinburgh, Stanstead to La Rochele, Nantes , Poitiers and Tour
Please ensure you check the schedules as times and days change with the season
Our nearest Train Stations are Port Boulet and Chinon but the fastes route is from Paris by TGV to Chatellerault